Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Today is Father's Day and although many cannot find enjoyment out of our American made up Holidays, I however love them. Father's Day is such an important day because it's just a time to tell Dad, or whoever may have been that older male role in your life, how much you appreciate and love them.

Thankfully for me, I have an amazing Dad who I love and adore. Although it took us quite a long time to be able to fully build a real relationship, I am forever blessed for who he his. The one thing that I always appreciated about my Dad is that since I was young, he has been a pretty successful guy. He has done very well for himself and provided a good and enjoyable life to those around him. The amazing part however, is that my Dad is extremely humble. That is something that I truly respect about him. Whether you were the most powerful and richest man he knew, or you were the janitor at his place of work.... he would treat and talk to you no different. I love my Dad and am thankful for all of his support over the years.

This year, I wanted to do something special for Father's Day. As I looked around the store trying to decide what to get him though, I found myself honestly just becoming annoyed. Every year it seems as though the stores try to get you to buy the same exact things. A tie, a grill, some tools.... the same old stuff. After coming home, I tried to think of other things we could give him as a gift this year that wasn't a total cliche. Then.... after some planning and strategizing, we came up with a perfect idea. I can't take all the credit on this one, because my kids really did all the work!


After taking over a 100 or so pictures to make sure that we had the right angles, I uploaded them onto my computer and resized to create the above images. I then sent the file to Kinko's and had it printed on to a Canvas which cost me $95. This included the print on canvas and having it mounted.

No comments:

Post a Comment